2022 Blackstone Insurance Solutions Summer Analyst
Blackstone’s Insurance Solutions Group offers summer analysts the experience on a professional team whose work involves delivering Blackstone’s investment management expertise and products to insurance companies. Summer analysts at Blackstone have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of investing and can expect to be staffed on a number of transactions at once. Due to the relatively small size of the professional staff, summer analysts are expected to assume integral roles on deal teams.
Summer Analysts will serve as quantitative strategists who work alongside the M&A and Asset Allocation teams. The BIS Quant Strategy team builds analytics for optimizing insurance company asset allocation, measuring and managing regulatory capital, evaluating and pricing deals, and conducting asset-liability management. The team takes a systematic, quantitative approach, with a goal of producing robust, transparent, commercially effective tools and analysis.
- Support portfolio management team on portfolio construction and asset allocation
- Generate reports to track market conditions to inform tactical asset allocation discussions
- Partner with portfolio management team to produce materials for investment portfolio reviews
- Performing ad hoc portfolio analysis to support needs of insurance clients including M&A activity
- Collaborate with Blackstone’s business units to develop bespoke investment solutions across fixed income and alternative products
- Construct detailed financial models and valuation analyses
- Conduct insurance industry research and analysis
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
The Successful Candidate Must Have
- Prior investment banking, insurance, or asset management experience preferable
- Strong accounting and financial modeling skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well in a lean team environment, often under pressure
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, good judgment, and positive attitude
To be considered for the 2022 Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2022 – Spring 2023
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format f you do not meet these criteria, please see Blackstone’s Careers website for other opportunities that may be available, including other entry level positions.