2022 Summer Intern: (USA) Home Office Technology Product Management PM (MBA Intern)
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists, product managers and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
The Global Tech Product team builds products to enhance the experience for millions of customers. You’ll leverage the best and latest tools to facilitate remote teams and work with teams who develop experiences that have changed the industry including the mobile app, online grocery experience, curbside, or Delivery Unlimited. Innovating on the world’s biggest stage, you’ll get to deliver customer-centric solutions before they walk in the door, after they purchase, and every step in between
This is a full-time opportunity for a unique individual with a combination of product sensibility, technical expertise and the ability to build cross-functional partnerships to make a significant difference.
- Product Strategy: Identify the biggest problems to solve. Drive new feature development from start to finish.
- Platform Products: Bring to market new enterprise-grade SaaS products which will be leveraged by Walmart, Walmart Subsidiaries, and external Retailers and Suppliers.
- Products that Scale: Define and prioritize scaling needs as we onboard new customers, grow existing customers, and expand internationally.
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Manage trade-offs and prioritization between engineering level-of-effort and customer experiences.
- Test & Learn: Ability to make hypotheses, test with monitoring of data, organize the insights, and identify ways to improve efficiency.
- Industry Research: Run user research, competitive research, usability studies, and data-driven experiments to inform product direction.
- Go To Market: Communicate product plans, roadmaps, and releases to all stakeholders — within teams, company, clients, users, press, etc.
A Successful Product Manager Will Have
- Analytical and solution-oriented background, with structured problem-solving capabilities and teamwork skills
- Experience building retail products, and knowledge of eCommerce and internet
- Experience with managing products for software developers and development experience using various desktop and mobile app frameworks
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing; understanding of go-to-market commerce enablers
- The ability to prioritize complex deliverables, have highly technical discussions, and run large meetings with technical and business leaders
- Currently be enrolled in a full-time MBA program with background in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Graduating with an MBA degree between December 2021 and August 2022