Blackstone's Summer Analyst Program is 10-weeks in length and will provide participants broad exposure to the Firm. The Program offers Summer Analyst's various technical and soft skill training opportunities, the ability to network with professionals across all business units, and a chance to fully immerse themselves in the Blackstone culture.
Blackstone’s GP Stakes Group offers Summer Analysts the chance to evaluate and engage in investments in a variety of private equity firms and other private-market alternative asset management firms. The investment process develops both the financial analysis of investment banking and the strategic thinking of management consulting together with a “principal” investor mindset. As a result, our Summer Analysts can develop a well-rounded and comprehensive skill set in business and to learn firsthand about a wide range of private equity firms and strategies.
Summer Analysts at Blackstone can participate in all aspects of a given project and be staffed on several assignments at once. Due to the relatively small size of the professional staff, Analysts can assume integral roles on deal teams. Analysts are involved with the diligence, evaluation, structuring, and financing of transactions and regularly attend internal meetings, management sessions, and negotiations.
BAAM seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and time management skills, the successful candidate must have:
- Passion for both investing and business building
- Strong conceptual and analytical thinking abilities
- Framework orientation for problem solving
- Strong capabilities at financial modeling (MS Excel) and presentation construction (MS PowerPoint)
- Exceptional work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity, and desire to continually expand their understanding and improve
- Collaborative workplace approach that fosters strong working relationships
- Unquestionable integrity
- Candidate should be self-motivated and a team-oriented individual who thrives on challenge in a fast-paced, dynamic environmentTo be considered for the 2023 Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2023 – Spring 2024
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format