Blackstone's Summer Analyst Program is 10-weeks in length and will provide participants broad exposure to the Firm. The Program offers Summer Analyst's various technical training and professional development opportunities, the ability to network with professionals across all business units, and a robust mentorship experience to allow the participants to be fully immersed in the Blackstone culture.Blackstone is looking to hire summer analysts within their Real Estate Asset Management and Real Estate ESG groups. Please see information regarding groups below
Real Estate Asset Management Summer Analyst
Blackstone’s Real Estate Asset Management Group offers Analysts the experience on a professional team whose work involves the acquisition and asset management of real estate-related companies, portfolios of real estate assets and individual properties worldwide. Analysts at Blackstone have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of private equity real estate investing and can expect to be staffed on a number of teams at once. Due to the relatively small size of the professional staff, Analysts are expected to assume integral roles on deal teams.
Analysts are involved with the development, structuring, strategy and management of financing of transactions and regularly attend both internal and external meetings, negotiations and due diligence sessions.Analysts focused on acquisitions will develop an investing skillset through working on a wide range of transactions including asset, portfolio, and company leveraged buyouts. Analysts in acquisitions will play an integral role in the investment process and assist in deal sourcing, LBO modeling, conducting due diligence, and presenting to Blackstone executives and partners at investment committee for final deal approval.
Analysts focused on asset management will work on post-acquisition transactions including restructurings/recapitalizations, refinancing, dispositions (public IPOs and private market sales), as well as the strategy and execution of value enhancement projects, including lease and management negotiations, capital expenditure execution, and platform company strategy and direction.
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
The Successful Candidate Must Possess
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A desire to work in a team environment with dynamic roles
- A basic knowledge of accounting and finance
- Self-motivation to find solutions independently, and humility to acknowledge limits and uncertainties
- Sincere commitment to personal and professional development
- Excellent attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity
- Good judgment
Real Estate ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) Summer Analyst
Blackstone has a deep commitment to ESG and is seeking to recruit a Summer Analyst in its Real Estate ESG group in the Americas. This commitment is affirmed across our organization and guides our approach to investing. The Real Estate ESG Summer Analyst can expect to assume an integral role on the Real Estate ESG team. The Summer Analyst will be involved in conducting ESG research, creating ESG reporting, and generally supporting the extensive work of the Real Estate ESG team.Specific Responsibilities May Include
- Conducting research on ESG industry trends
- Creating ESG reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Collecting and analyzing ESG data
- Providing project support to Real Estate’s ESG, investment, and client teams
Real Estate ESG seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant interest in the ESG space
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Robust work ethic and positive attitude
- Desire to work in a team environment
To be considered for the 2023 Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2023 – Spring 2024
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format