2023 - Global Markets - Summer Analyst Program
Nomura is seeking intellectually curious and driven students to join the Firm as Summer Analysts on our Global Markets Team. The GM Summer Analyst Program runs for ten weeks, with a one-week intensive training course, followed by 3 three-week rotations on different desks within Fixed Income, Equity Products, and Client Financing & Solutions.
We aim to provide Summer Analysts with the same amount of exposure as a first-year Analyst, with hands-on opportunities to participate as full members of the team and extensive contact with Nomura professionals at all levels. Throughout the program, Summer Analysts will participate in business-led discussion groups, networking events, and speaker sessions. All Analysts will also be paired with both a junior and senior mentor to provide guidance and support throughout the internship.
This program is an integral component of our full-time recruiting and at the end of the summer we will extend offers to top performers to return to Nomura after graduation.
- Analyzing market trends to develop and pitch own trade ideas
- Providing updates and summaries to desk members on relevant market news for business area
- Assisting with trade execution, pricing, and analyses
- Organizing and providing materials to clients for new business transactions
- Structuring and designing innovative products and strategies that are tailored to specific client needs
- Participating in efforts to pitch and win new mandates from clients, leverage proprietary content and ideas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to approach tasks creatively and analytically
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Eagerness to learn and work hard as part of a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting
- Carries out responsibilities with a diverse and inclusive mindset
- Outstanding academic qualifications; strong GPA
- Pursuing a BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university, graduating between December 2023 and June 2024