The Kindle Ingestion and Expansion (KIX) team is looking for a proactive person as the Administrative Assistant for the Jr Developer Program. This role is an exciting opportunity where the candidate will be supporting the expansion of the Jr. Developer Program to Amazon software development teams at multiple corporate sites. The role will include a wide range of responsibilities including contacting university career centers, attending career fairs, and ultimately connecting student candidates with Amazon technical teams. Often the Jr. Dev Admin Assistant will be providing students with their first impression of Amazon. This candidate will have strong organizational skills, work effectively with internal team members and external candidates, possess great communication skills, enjoy the challenges of helping to build a great organization of talented individuals.
A proven track record of effective time management, taking initiative, working independently, delivering exceptional results, and exceeding expectations is important. Candidates should thrive under pressure, have an interest in launching new initiatives, and—most importantly—possess excellent customer service skills.
Our Admin Intern Role Is a Unique Role
- We offer work year-round, 16 hrs/week while in school and full-time during breaks. Working schedules are re-arranged each quarter to accommodate class schedules.
- We offer excellent mentoring. We require our full-time program managers and mentors to be able and willing to mentor exceptionally capable student hires.
- We give our interns responsibilities and roles which will prepare them to enter the workforce after graduation with “real world” administrative and recruiting coordination experience.
- We pay competitive market rates to our interns. The students who participate in our program routinely say that the real reason they’re here is for the valuable learning experience, especially because of the uniform excellence of the team they work with, and specifically the mentoring offered.
- College Student enrolled in an accredited school
- Ability to work min 16 hours week and full-time during summer
- Commutable distance from San Luis Obispo, California
- Excellent Customer Service as related to Recruitment Activities
- Small event Coordination
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Basic knowledge of HTML to build out wiki pages
- MS SQL a plus, but not mandatory