Amazon Robotics - Software Development Engineer (SDE) Intern - Summer 2023
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling, and fun.
Amazon Robotics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com, empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfillment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
Amazon Robotics internship/co-op/full-time opportunities will be based out of the Greater Boston Area in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough, MA and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities.
- Currently enrolled in college/university and must have at least one semester/term/quarter of school left to complete after the end of the internship (Graduating in December 2023 or later)
- Must be eligible and available for 3-month internship between May/June - July/August for full-time work (40h / week)
- Experience with creative problem solving and articulating technical challenges and solutions
- Exposure to any of the following concepts: AWS and other Web Technologies, schedulers, workflows, state machines, multi-threading, and networking protocols
- Interest in Robotics including coursework or clubs