Energy – Product Management Internship (Fall 2022)
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around August or September 2022 and continue through the entire Fall term (i.e. through December/January) or into early Spring 2023 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their manager, mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by giving them projects that are critical to their team’s success. Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.About The Team
You will be a key member of the Industrial Product Management team focusing on our B2B energy storage solutions. The team is responsible for commercial/industrial products (Megapack, Powerpack) across our three core segments: Utilities, Commercial & Industrial, and Microgrids. You will be a key technical member of a cross-functional team of Hardware, Software, and Service product managers that focuses on defining new commercial and utility energy storage products and applications across global markets, while supporting the ongoing development of technical content for sales, finance, and engineering teams for Tesla’s industrial energy products.
As a member of the Product Management team, you will be required to wear many hats and adapt to a fast-paced work environment. Internally, the team is responsible for representing the voice of our customers, but also for balancing priorities with business needs across multiple products. This is a multi-faceted role where strong knowledge of the energy sector, technology and analytics is a must. Besides a rock-solid work ethic and a strong team-oriented personality, members of our team display creativity, passion, and a desire to break new ground in a constantly shifting technology landscape.
- Support Product Managers directly on all core and critical team efforts. Candidates are expected to own and drive multiple independent and collaborative efforts to completion.
- Support workstreams such as next-generation product spec and offering definition, new-market entry, service and maintenance topics, and more. Candidates are expected to perform market and customer research, present tradeoffs and opportunities, and drive conclusive decisions with key technical and commercial stakeholders.
- Support the launch readiness of new products and offerings, by leading internal workstreams and creating and delivering collateral and training.
- Currently pursuing a BS or MS in Engineering; top-tier academic background in engineering
- Knowledge or strong interest in energy systems / cleantech field. Previous work experience in energy storage highly desired.
- Interest in cross-functional work spanning technical, financial, operational, and a strong desire to develop a deep understanding of customer and market requirements. While previous experience in product management is not required, a strong academic understanding of technical topics and an interest in operations/finance/strategy is required.
- Excellent organization, communication, and documentation skills. Must have outstanding verbal and writing skills.