The work you will do as part of our Tax practice is fascinating, complex and technically challenging. In EY Tax, you’ll have the opportunity to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You’ll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company’s business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions.
Our Diversified Staff Group (DSG) model is all about providing our people with the skills, information and knowledge to take on some of the biggest challenges in taxation. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to spend time in a wide range of Tax service areas, covering everything from business, international, state and local, and transactions tax, to global compliance and reporting. After a few years developing into a broad-based tax professional, you will make an educated choice about which area of tax best aligns with your skills and interests, and with the support of industry-leading teams, there’s no better place to gain this experience.
You can expect to develop a unique insight into our business, where you’ll build a network of relationships in an area that influences major business decisions every day. As the team continues to grow, so will you, and over time, you will become a well-rounded tax professional with broad experience in multiple areas of tax.
You will spend a large portion of your time directly engaged in complex compliance projects for our clients. This will be balanced with research, planning, and meetings with senior colleagues. EY focuses on a variety of industries, including but not limited to: automotive and transportation, consumer products, health and life sciences, media and entertainment, mining and metals, oil and gas, power and utilities, and technology. Additionally, we have differentially invested in an industry structure that focuses on financial services through our Financial Services Organization (FSO). Candidates electing to join the FSO will focus exclusively in financial services and will have opportunities to serve leading investment banks, retail and commercial banks, insurers and investment managers. Whichever you choose, you’ll find no shortage of opportunities to take on new challenges and responsibilities while discovering and developing your strengths and ambitions.
· Handling and supporting a wide variety of tax compliance processes
· Assisting with tax due diligence on behalf of a private equity firm
· Preparing tax returns for large, international clients
· Working with audit teams to determine whether tax accounts are appropriate for financial statements
· Researching tax code and writing memos for clients
· Improving the tax effectiveness of supply chain structures
· Developing and utilizing a diverse network of colleagues across the business
What we look for
· You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
· You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
· You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
o A predicted undergraduate degree in Accounting; graduate degree in Accounting or Taxation preferred; both supported by a strong academic record
o A demonstrable plan for passing the CPA exam
o Excellent English language communication skills
o Flexibility and willingness to travel as well as work in excess of standard hours when necessary
o A driver’s license valid in the U.S.