This is a ten-week internship (40 hours per week) during the summer of 2022.
Amazon is looking for college students with high potential, who are ready to own their impact in Amazon Human Resources as a human resources assistant intern. As a HR intern, you will learn how to promote and maintain positive employee relations for the associates and managers within our fulfillment centers. If you are excited to help shape the growth of the HR space, apply to join our Amazon Human Resources team as a HR intern! Amazon provides extensive training and development for interns to learn to become exceptional HR leaders.
Day in the life:
As an HR intern, you will have the opportunity to learn all areas of HR with some areas of focus including: benefits and compensation issues, leave of absences, performance management, wage and hour issues, as well as assist with recruitment and retention activities. The HR intern will work closely with Sr. HRA’s at one of Amazon’s Fulfillment Centers.
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations! Our Operation’s workflow can be broken three major lanes: first mile - where the product is housed and ready for your order; second mile - where your order is hauled to your area; and last mile - when the product is delivered to your door. Please note that all lanes have slight building variations, but one thing is constant, our vision and dedication to the customer.
Program Quick Facts & Locations:
· The position is not a corporate role and will be located in a fulfillment center, sort center, delivery station, or other warehouse environment
· Must be willing to relocate at time of hire (position location is most heavily weighted on business need but will also take into account personal location preference)
· Term: Ten weeks during summer of 2022
· Drive HR initiatives and continuous improvement through an intern project · Recruiting and selection: Manage on-site transfers, promotions, and hourly hiring from posting, selection, recruiting systems management, and onboarding
· Varied aspects of human resources including: Employee relations, HR data analytics, compensation and payroll, compliance, and performance management
Must be able to perform the following tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation:
· Stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
· Walk in/and around the warehouse with great frequency; many facilities are over a quarter mile in length
· Access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation)
· Regularly bend, lift, stretch and reach both below the waist and above the head
· Lift and move items up to 49 pounds
· Willing and able to work any permanent shift that may include overnights, weekends, holidays and overtime
· Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree with a conferral date between December 2022 and August 2023
· Degree in HR, HR Management, Labor Relations, or a related field · Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits, and employee issues as an employee in Human Resources
· Experienced with Microsoft (Word, Excel, and Access)