Intern - Economics, Customer Experience and Business Trends
We are looking for detail-oriented, organized, and responsible individuals who are eager to learn how to work with large and complicated data sets. Some knowledge of econometrics, as well as basic familiarity with Python is necessary, and experience with SQL and UNIX would be a plus.
These are full-time positions at 40 hours per week, with compensation being awarded on an hourly basis. You will learn how to build data sets and perform applied econometric analysis at Internet speed collaborating with economists, scientists, and product managers. These skills will translate well into writing applied chapters in your dissertation and provide you with work experience that may help you with placement.
Roughly 50% of previous cohorts have converted to full time scientist employment at Amazon. If you are interested, please send your CV to our mailing list at email@example.com.
- Contribute as an economist in a Science team. Continuously enhance our team’s science and data skills through learning, experiments, and execution and drive innovations.
- Work with Product Managers, Data Scientists, BI Engineers, and Data Engineers, to apply economic thinking and analysis, and connect with Amazon’s economist community.
- Inject economic thinking to data collection and analysis, service development and product vision. Apply economic theories, define the problem and roadmap to solve it.
- Design data and science experiments, collect external data, correlate with a wide range of internal data sources, develop models to analyze data to generate insights, and communicate research plans and research findings to teammates and stakeholders.
- Learn and monitor global science and industry trends. Recognize emerging science trends and how to apply them to acquire insight and help improve Amazon’s offerings.
- PhD in Economics or closely related field
- PhD student in Economics (enrolled in 3rd year or more and not currently on the job market)
- Experience with SQL
- Familiarity with UNIX
- Experience working with large data sets
- Knowledge of econometrics
- Familiarity with Python
- Attention to detail