Bain’s in-house editorial staff produces hundreds of reports, blog posts, videos, and other multimedia items related to all aspects of business each year. The Editorial Assistant intern will assist the team in managing and maintaining Bain’s editorial process and online publications pages. The internship provides opportunities to build skills that are foundational for a career in marketing, publishing and/or online media. Interns are full members of the team, attending regular team meetings and social events. The intern will work 20 hours per week remotely (laptop provided) from May to September 2022. There is a potential to extend the internship into the summer. Under general supervision, the intern posts and maintains online publications pages; provides associated support to digital editors in the department; and creates and updates PowerPoint reports.
You’ll work with the Deputy Editor, Digital Editors, and Marketing and Editorial Operations Manager to:
- Make routine site improvements to Bain.com using the Episerver content management system
- Prepare final HTML for posting articles, briefs, and newsletters to Bain.com
- Enter and maintain Editorial content for publication to Bain.com and various microsites
- Proposes content for social posts that promote recently published material
- Aids in production of reports on editorial activity and updates for department head and practice areas in accordance with pre-set guidelines; checks for quality, revises, and prepares materials for printing and publication, as appropriate to departmental activities
- May perform specific projects requiring analytical skills, and basic office administrative or staff-support duties as required to meet specific operational objectives