Legal BSA Intern - Salesforce
Join the IT Enterprise Applications team to work with internal business units, business systems analysts, and end users on improving the usability of our Enterprise Applications. The intern will be partnered with our existing Business Systems Analysts to review and identify improvements to key business processes and determine system and process improvements. This may include gathering requirements from business stakeholders, documenting design options for how the system may be changed, testing the system to ensure it is working as expected, and managing the implementation of the release to production.
- Schedule and conduct interviews, discussions, and brainstorming sessions with various application stakeholders using a variety of methods including phone conversations, emails, surveys, and electronic chat
- Synthesize information gained from sessions into documentation that can include flow charts, diagrams, mock-ups, and user stories
- Work with IT Business Systems Analysts to refine documentation into recommendations for potential system changes
- Present findings to internal business units and IT teams for review and comment
- Learn the Project Management Life Cycle (as used at Dolby) and prepare a project plan utilizing it
- Initiate and manage a mutually agreed project to address an area of improvement from the findings of the earlier analysis
- Assist IT Business Systems Analysts with additional tasks related to projects, enhancements, operational requests, troubleshoot issues and bug fixes
- Customize Salesforce.com fields, page layouts, record types, searching, list views, queues, workflow rules, validation rules, formula fields, reports, and dashboards. Modify as needed.
- Assist IT Business Systems Analyst in developing and maintaining documentation on processes, application configuration, and help related materials.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize own daily work routine to meet established schedule
- Work in an ambiguous environment supporting various stakeholders
- Communicate analysis and project status on regular schedule via web page and email
- Complete additional assigned tasks as directed by Manager
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Process Documentation tools such as MS Visio, Jira, Miro Board, and Lucid Chart are very helpful
- Academic or Working knowledge of the stages of a software implementation project (Waterfall or Agile methodology)
- Excellent communication skills and able to work in person and across phone, video, chat, and email; able to interact with users from across the globe and varying levels of expertise with technology
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to complete assignments of diverse scopes and meet changing priorities
We recognize that applying to internships can be a daunting process, especially if you have not had any previous internships, or if this is a new field of interest to you. Even if you do not have previous professional experience to meet the listed qualifications, we will consider relevant project, volunteer, and extracurricular experiences, and we encourage you to include them on your resume and apply.
Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in of Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field; recent grads who are within 6 months of graduation are also eligible to apply. Must be available to work full-time Monday – Friday for 6 months between September 2022 – March 2023.Start date for the internship is as follows: (*note* this date is not flexible)
- Monday, September 26, 2022