Join us on the OS Platforms engineering team! You will be an individual contributor on a collaborative Scrum team. You will help build our Dolby Atmos audio technology products for Microsoft and Apple ecosystems. Key Responsibilities You will use your software development skills to build Dolby Atmos solutions for personal computers and game consoles You will be a partner to other Dolby teams, contributing your expertise to company-wide technical strategy You will embody the principles of agile and lean development You will enjoy improving your own skills and sharing knowledge with colleagues
To be Successful
- This role requires proficiency in C/C++ software development and experience writing software tests.
- You will need learning agility and a strong sense of collaboration.
- You will build an understanding of technical relations with external engineering teams, including alignment on features, schedules, and value propositions.
- You will build a deep understanding of how Dolby technology products inter-operate.
- With these skills and traits, you will be a welcome addition to the team.
- Working toward a Bachelor's or Master's degree in software development, or demonstrates equivalent experience
- Demonstrable proficiency in C/C++, ideally for audio or video digital signal processing
- Demonstrable proficiency in software test development and automated test frameworks (e.g. pytest, Googletest)
- Professional or personal software experience in: Over-the-top (OTT) services, game development, Bluetooth, or VoIP
- Experience with perceptual codecs
- Familiarity with Scrum, Kanban, or lean software development principles
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) infrastructure
- Familiarity with the open-source development and the open-source community
- Familiarity with audio content creation tools, such as Pro Tools, Final Cut Pro, Logic, or Reaper
- Effusive passion for movies, music, and video games!
We recognize that applying to internships can be a daunting process, especially if you have not had any previous internships, or if this is a new field of interest to you. Even if you do not have previous professional experience to meet the listed qualifications, we will consider relevant project, volunteer, and extracurricular experiences, and we encourage you to include them on your resume and apply.Eligibility
Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field; recent grads who are within 6 months of graduation are also eligible to apply. Must be available to work full-time Monday – Friday for 6 months between September 2022 – March 2023.Start date for the internship is as follows: (*note* this date is not flexible)
- Monday, September 26, 2022