Privacy Intern, PxT Privacy
As a member of the Privacy Compliance team, you will play a key role in operationalizing privacy standards across Amazon’s global HR function. This includes engaging with legal, operational teams, technical teams, and leaders across Amazon to help ensure compliant outcomes.
There are several job functions a Privacy Intern will accomplish:
- You will be working with product managers and engineers from all across Amazon to onboard their system for privacy compliance. More specifically, you will be responsible for reviewing and selecting data categories based on system details, and sign them up to receive data subject requests. This applies directly to the new CCPA law launching in California in 2023.
- Following our style guides, you will draft clear and concise documentation to help Amazon maintain compliance with global privacy obligations. More specifically, you will write low risk assessments in accordance with the information submitted from the system owner’s system/tool/survey. You will participate in process development and improvement, and quality governance in support of team success, while also working independently on multiple projects.
- You will help pull metrics to support our initiatives and report weekly on progress in our Weekly Business Review.
Key job responsibilities
The right person will demonstrate the ability to: communicate well with stakeholders, follow a checklist, identify personal data within systems and categorize them correctly, advance existing processes to create further efficiencies, and ask appropriate questions to receive clarification from stakeholders.
- Proven written skills
- Prior office experience
- Proven organizational and detail oriented skills
- Basic knowledge of privacy requirements
- Proven Excel skills
- Ability to manage tasks effectively and quickly
- Proven verbal skills