Tax Off Cycle Internship - New York and Jersey City
June 30, 2022
Jefferies’ Tax Department is looking for a year-round Tax Accounting Intern, to work a minimum of 20 hours per week (flexible hours during the school year).
The student filling this position will gain exposure to a wide range of important duties, such as:
- Data analysis and entry.
- Prepare tax returns and related reports to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local, and international tax statutes and regulations.
- Assist with the Firm's tax provision for purposes of its quarterly and year-end earnings release and financial statement filings.
- Prepare detailed state apportionment schedules for the Firm’s various business units and joint ventures.
- Perform research on various tax issues.
- Assist with tax audits.
- Handle tax notices from various tax authorities and proposing suggested responses/strategies.
- Assist team with day to day duties.
- Ability to learn new areas and concepts quickly, and thrive in a dynamic, time-sensitive environment.
- Proven project management skills.
- Team player with strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Tax or Accounting.
- Willingness and ability to work additional hours, as needed.