Data Analyst - Technology & Innovation
Blackstone is the world’s largest alternative asset manager. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $881 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, infrastructure, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com . Follow @blackstone on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Instagram.
Blackstone Technology & Innovations (BXTI) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone’s businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.BXTI is nimble and entrepreneurial – our open, agile design processes and rapid pace of development means that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge.
Blackstone Credit is the global credit investment platform of Blackstone. With approximately $145 billion of assets under management, BXC is one of the largest alternative managers in the world focused on the leveraged-finance, or non-investment grade related, marketplace. seeks to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns in its business by investing in a broad array of strategies including mezzanine debt, distressed investing, leveraged loans and other special-situation strategies. Its funds are major providers of credit for small and middle-market companies and they also advance rescue financing to help distressed companies.The Blackstone Credit Technology team is currently seeking an individual to drive efficiencies in our business unit through initiatives that focus on data analysis, data visualization, and mobile data technologies. The primary responsibility of this individual includes gathering requirements, delivering workflow improvements, and using technology to create value for our business.
- As a Data Analyst, you will be responsible for Python, Snowflake, AWS RDS, Microsoft SQL database development and administration, Rapid Application Development (RAD) using C# .NET, and Report design using Tableau / Microsoft Report Builder
- Additionally, you may use new technologies to develop proof-of-concept tools, such as AngularJS, Bootstrap, and other web platforms
- You will interface with internal clients from Accounting, Operations, Risk and Investor Relations in order to help create and automate custom reporting
- Have a degree in engineering, mathematics, or computer science related field
- Possess strong qualitative and quantitative skills
- Have an interest in understanding credit, in particular Leveraged Finance and/or Restructuring
- A desire to learn accounting and finance