Jefferies 2022 Risk Management Associate - Fixed Income, Market Risk, New York
Full - Time
July 31, 2022
Member of market risk management team for traded credit. Product scope to include Investment Grade, High Yield, Leveraged Loans, Distressed, Index and Credit E-Trading. The crux of the risk function is to understand and highlight key changes in risk and to implement a market risk framework. Great opportunity for growth.
- Engage with trading desks regarding market developments, trading strategies, positioning, risk profile change and limit usage.
- Communicate key risk changes, market activity and P/L drivers.
- Monitor market risks through the review of portfolio risk sensitivities, VaR, stress scenario analysis; as well as sector/single name analysis.
- Participate in deep dive analyses on products and/or trading strategies as warranted.
- Assess new products and propose frameworks for managing associated risks.
- Develop and implement appropriate stress scenarios.
- Perform projects involving coverage area.
- Actively participate in weekly risk meetings.
- Design/improve risk reports.
- Test/onboard new technologies as appropriate.
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues from other global market risk teams, in addition to other support functions, including Middle Office, Operations, Compliance, Technology, and Product Control.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with strong attention to detail.
- Curiosity and self-motivation to develop expertise in financial products, markets, and risk management practices.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and prioritize tasks, meet deadlines.
- Team player who is also a resourceful self-starter.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Financial Engineering, or Engineering.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience, knowledge of market risk concepts such as VaR, stress testing, sensitivities, credit analysis.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, VBA programming and SQL database queries.
More job openings
Finance & Business Operations Rotation Program
2022 Investment Banking Associate - New York, Latin America