Research Associate I / II / III
We are looking for a Research Associate with a background in Cell Biology or Biochemistry to join our growing and friendly team during this exciting time in our expansion. You will play an integral role in the antibody discovery and validation for the development of novel immuno-oncology therapeutics. In this position, you will perform protein characterizations and cell-based immunoassays, think creatively to solve problems, constantly improve work practices, and work productively as part of a team.
Location: MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA
- Cell culture and primary cell isolation/maintenance.
- Develop and execute cell-based immunoassays.
- Perform multicolor flow cytometry for antibody characterization and assay readout.
- Small scale protein production, purification, and characterizations (e.g. SDS-PAGE, Western blot, ELISA)
- Communicate your work effectively orally and in writing.
- Present data in group meetings.
- Thoroughly and accurately document experimental activities in laboratory notebooks.
- Level commensurate with experience
- BS or higher degree in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, or related scientific discipline.
- 1 – 3 years of relevant experience in industry or academia.
- Experience in multi-color flow cytometry.
- Experience with cell-based functional assays.
- Experience with protein purification and characterization.
- Proficient with basic computer programs routinely used in a lab such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism, and FlowJo.
- Highly organized with reliable time-keeping skills and able to maintain a detailed and well-organized notebook.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Being a team player and respectful of others is a must.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Able to commute to Mountain View.