Software Development Engineer
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!We need Developers who move fast, are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done. Developers at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions of customers around the world.
The challenges SDEs solve for at Amazon are big and influence millions of customers, sellers, and products around the world. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about creating new products, features, and services from scratch while managing ambiguity and the pace of a company where development cycles are measured in weeks, not years. If this sounds interesting to you, apply and come chart your own path at Amazon.
NOTE: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States. This includes, but is not limited to, WA (Seattle) and New York.
• Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring innovative products and services to market.• Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.• Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.• Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.• Design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.• Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
• Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices. Full stack experience is a bonus.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience with distributed systems and web services design and implementation.
• AWS product experience and development on the AWS platform.
• Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
• High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.